By Samin Ahmed
The International Esports scenario is travelling through captivating crossroads. While there are millions enjoying livestreams, online events and esports centralised content, there are billions searching for ways to enter this eminent industry. Esports as an industry mirrors any generic corporate sector’s working structure. While the players grab the spotlight, various departments like Talents, Marketing, Sponsorships, Creatives and Management are the pillars that this temple rests upon.
Let’s dive deeper into the world of Esports to help you find your mojo.
● League Operations Management: Attending a LAN event is like a trip to Fantasyland. Roaring crowds, powerful pyrotechnics, alluring cosplayers and the massive mainstage moments. All of this comes into play once the tournament’s structure, progression and output has been finalised. This imperative responsibility rests upon the shoulders of these League ops masterminds who boast an ominous combination of brains and experience. If you’re well aware of the global esports scenario for the most prevalent games, and have an unmatchable understanding of how stuff works, then this is for you. Everything, right from team slotting, grouping, bracketing and finalising is done by the league ops department.
● Casters and Analysts : Ever wondered what an India vs Pakistan T20 Finals would feel like without Harsha Bhogle on the mic? That’s how the world of esports is without Casters and Analysts. Bracketed as event Talents, these amiable personalities are master of the game they cast and their job is to dazzle the audience with their voice. Casters commentate competitive matches in real time and analysts adjudicate games upon their conclusion. They are responsible for bringing the stadium to life and hype the crowd to such an extent that their screams are heard by their favorite teams.
● In-game Observers: To sum up their task in a nutshell, you see what they see. Observers act as the people’s vision and they determine what the audience sees on that massive mainstage screen or event’s livestream. They are liable to expose the most exciting moments of a match, the fights, the clutches and the victories. Nothing escapes their eyes.
● Production: The concept of production in esports varies compared to the generic definition used in film and media. The production department consists of tech heads who are well versed with the technology and controlling that goes behind lighting up the LAN events. Everything right from lights and sound, LED controls to mainstage pyrotechnics and effects and media coverage are handled by these geeks. They are the pillars of any Lan event.
● Content Curators: Be it the highlights of a tournament you missed out on, or understanding the format of your favourite leagues, the content curators collects updated as well as relevant information and channels it into engaging content.
Esports is the most recent sector that has boomed beyond expectations. Your creativity and enthusiasm for video games is enough to help your mind push barriers and learn or master the skill that will get you a ticket to this cyber galaxy of its own. Keep pushing and always remember, it’s never too late to start.
The author is the Marketing Head of BlitzkriegXP.
DISCLAIMER: The views expressed are solely of the Company and TimesJobs does not necessarily subscribe to it.