By Anushree Jain
Though, working remotely has many advantages but it it euqlly laborious too as people often find it difficult to cope up with personal and professional life.
Here are 5 practical tips which will help employees to manage
1. A proper schedule: To manage work-life balance, begin with setting a strict schedule for the day. Don’t leave any work pending for the following day. Follow the routine of 8 hours per day as it was followed at the workplace. Sleep on time so you can wake up on time.
2. Create a work space for yourself: Choose a quiet corner for your workplace where there is no disturbance, has all infrastructure like power-plugs, internet connectivity all set up before you begin work.
3. Take regular breaks: Take short breaks away from your screen that will help get rid of the mental fatigue and make you more productive throughout the day. No one can work continuously for 8 hours in front of screen, and hence it’s important to take regular breaks. Sip coffee, walk around and chit-chat with your family to stay positive while working.
4. Be organised: Don’t make a chaos at your work space. Keep your desk clean. Use Google notes, Hangouts, Microsoft team to be in touch with your team. Mark your breaks so that you don’t end up taking long breaks and leaving work incomplete.
5. Stick to your deadline: Don’t cancel meetings or skip e-meets as these make you less productive. Skipping a meeting or deadline can make your next day more challenging. Be in touch with the right people often so that you don’t lose the pace of work.
Anushree Jain is a trainee writer with TimesJobs.