By Anushree Jain
Video interviews have become the most commonly used mode for connecting with candidates. A
Candidates are often worried about how the interview may proceed and what would happen. Here are five tips that may help you ace the video interview:
1. Find a peaceful place: The first think to do it is to find a place, quiet and relaxing, and away from disturbance. If living alone write on a paper ‘DON’T RING THE BELL’ and hang it on the door to avoid disturbance. Turn off mobiles and laptop notifications. Any disturbance can irritate the recruiter.
2. Good internet connection: You should be in good internet network zone so as to facilitate interview easily. An hour before video interview check your connection via video calling a friend. Avoid disruptions because sometime it can be frustrating and leads to bad impression too.
3. Adopt a good posture: Remember to sit straight through the interview. Do not bend or slouch on sit on a rocking chair. Your posture, body language exudes your confidence. You should sit straight, feet on the floor and arms resting on your lap or desk. Make sure to have an eye contact with your recruiter, it will be a plus point during your interview.
4. Formal dress up: Dress up the same way as you would have done if you were going to a physical office for a job interview. Wear clean and neat formals, and have all the necessary documents piled besides you. Be prepared an hour before and take an opinion from your friends.
5. Thank you note: Always remember to greet the recruiter at the start of the interview and end it with a thank you note. Also leave a mail with a ‘thank you note’ to the recruiter and the company officials whom you meet during the video call.
Anushree Jain is a trainee writer with TimesJobs.