In the IT-led age, its no surprise that technology job roles will take precedence over the other roles. We spoke to
James Job, SVP- Talent Acquisition, HGS about the job roles that are in demand right now. Here’s the complete interview –
TimesJobs: What were the key hiring trends in your industry in the past six months?
James Job:– Recruitment through social media platforms has increased as compared to hiring through traditional job portals.
– Hiring with new-age tech methods such as AI and ML was another key trend witnessed, saving recruiters valuable time used for digging thousands of job applications manually.
– Recruitment through virtual methods like video interviews and other video conference platforms became popular
TimesJobs: Which job profiles were most in demand in past six months?
James Job: Job profiles trending in the BPM market currently were totally unheard of a decade back. Data Scientists, Business Analysts Customer Service specialists, AI/ML engineer, IoT specialists and Solution architects are the hot job profiles.
TimesJobs: Which job profiles will see an uptick in hiring in next six months?
James Job: Customer Service specialists, Data Scientists, Social media agents, IoT specialists and AI/ML engineers will be in the game for at least another two years. These
TimesJobs: Name top 4 new-age skills that are most sought in your Industry?
James Job:– Data Science
– Social Media
TimesJobs: How is gig economy impacting talent acquisition in your industry?
James Job: Around 20-30% of the workforce in developed markets is engaged in independent work. When it comes to the BPM industry, we’re not impacted as much. Most of the employees in our industry are full time on regular payroll. However, there are some gig workers in support functions.
TimesJobs: How have D&I initiatives helped in making workplaces better?
James Job: Multiple research showcases that having a gender-balanced workforce leads to better productivity, better ROI and better revenues. Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) – including gender, PwD, LGBT, etc.-inspire creativity and innovation. Having diverse perspectives in an organisation leads to growth path.
More industry interviews @
TimesJobs: What will be the key hiring trends for next 6 months?
James Job:– Candidates with knowledge on new-age technology such as AI, ML, IoT, Data Science, etc. will always have an upper hand.
– Skills will be preferred over the number of years of experience. Recruiters will focus solely on the candidate’s skills in relation to their organisational needs
– Recruiters will emphasise on creating a diverse workforce at the organisation for the value it brings to the table
– Recruitment will no longer be limited to traditional channels. It will become omni-channel just like customer experience has
TimesJobs: How have the new-age technologies impacted recruitment activities?
James Job: Recruitment activities has been considerably impacted with new-age technologies. AI and ML, are some of the game changers for recruitment. For companies like us who hire in volume, AI can help improve the candidate experience by giving them the real-time updates as they move ahead in the recruitment process. It can improve the entire recruitment process, doing away with repetitive tasks. ML can also help in the elimination of unconscious bias.
More industry interviews @