Coronavirus spread and ensuing lockdown has stopped everyone from stepping out of their homes. Don’t know what to do? Why not try an online certification courses which will boost your job prospects later?
Still confused which course to do? Here are the tips to choose the most beneficial course:
1. Research extensively: The first and foremost thing to do is to research about the available online certification courses. There are many courses available, and it’s a problem of plenty. Hence it’s important to check all each and every detail of the courses available and how it may benefit you.
2. Listen to seniors: Not sure about your choices? Talk to your seniors from college or mentors in workplaces. Discuss about your like and dislikes, about the opportunities, about the career choices that are open to you.
3. Is the course suitable: Choose a course which matches your interest and suitability in terms of career longevity. Choose a course that you can attend easily via Google classroom, or videos or live video call. Can you finish the course in the time you have at hand. Is it a full time or part time course? Consider all these aspects.
4. Practical learning: Choose a course which gives you practical learning over an altogether theory course. Practical learning makes a course more interactive, interesting and worthwhile.
5. Prioritise your interest: People often tend to choose wrong courses because they can’t decide between career interest and money-minting course. One should always prioritise a career in which the person has interest and would enjoy studying that.
This is the best time to learn something that you like. Utilise this time learning new things which can benefit your career.
Anushree Jain is a trainee writer with TimesJobs.